The establishment was rented to various parties after Mr. Kuehl’s death, until it was sold in 1954 to Fred Klingseisen, also a native of Germany. The new owner found that Kuehl had maintained an authentic German beer garden on the north side of the tavern, and had operated a duck pin bowling alley. He enlarged the barroom by enclosing the beer garden area and gradually added more dining space. Mr. Klingseisen, who cooked in a hotel in Munich, Germany, and later had a bakery in Milwaukee, was the chef. Mr. Klingseisen, with his wife and daughter and son-in-law Anne and Tom Flood, began serving food in 1955 and expanded the space to three dining rooms. The place became well-known for its daily specials, especially Italian spaghetti and prime rib. It was also well-known for Tom Flood’s vocal solos as he tended bar.
The Floods sold the popular supper club in 1978 to Sue Emmons, who ran it for a number of years. After Sue Emmons, the Golden Frog was owned by a number of individuals until the current owners Ross Patzner and Sarah Hemker, purchased the business in March 2014.